Rehearsal venue – John Leckie Pavilion, Nedlands
Note – venue may differ for some rehearsals – see detailed schedule below.
Updated Monday 22 June 2020
Rehearsals recommence on Wednesday 24 June 2020 at 7.30pm
To comply with directions given by the Leckie Music Centre administrators, please note these precautionary measures:
- Please bring your own stand so that we can minimise the clean up after rehearsal
- When you arrive for rehearsal, you will be required to either wash your hands on the bathrooms or use hand sanitiser (provided by the FSO Committee). Please do not bring your own pump hand sanitiser for inside as we want to avoid any accidental spillage on the new floor.
- Chairs are to be set up with a minimum of 1.5m separating each. One stand per player.
- Bring your own food/drinks as unfortunately FSO is not providing tea/coffee/supper at this stage.
- At the conclusion of rehearsal, chairs will be sprayed with a disinfectant before being stacked. We would appreciate members’ assistance with this.
The plan for the next couple of weeks is to read through some repertoire that FSO owns and has not been played recently. We will be taking a shorter than COVID-19 break for school holidays. The website will be updated with what’s going on, so please keep an eye out. Emails will also be sent if anything changes.
For Wednesday 24 June the repertoire is:
- Brahms 2nd Symphony
- Strauss 2001 Space Odyssey Fanfare
- Rossini Barber of Seville
- Pye Serenade
Music will be provided and collected at the end of rehearsal. Most of the music we will be playing is accessible on IMSLP.
We hope to see you Wednesday!
Our Fiesta concert schedule for 17 May 2021 has been postponed until 2021. Further concert details TBA soon.
Membership fees have been revised for 2020.