Rehearsal venue – John Leckie Pavilion, Nedlands
Concert 26 November
- Marist Auditorium, Newman College, Entry 6 from Empire Avenue, Churchlands
- Conductor: Dale Pointon
- Violin soloist: Emmalena Huning – winner Fremantle Eisteddfod, 2016 Open Concerto competition
- Tchaikovsky Romeo and Juliet Overture
- Bruch Scottish Fantasy for Violin and Orchestra
- Tchaikovsky Symphony No 5
Note all three works have FULL brass.
Areas of focus in R&J
- Anything semiquaver!!
- bar 21 -28 Cello tuning of 3rds
- 7 before D: String semiquaver runs
- 5 after D Violin 1 and 2 semiquaver runs
- E (and O) all strings unison
- 7 before F (and 12 after 0): Fl, Cl, Bsn, strings semiquaver runs, especially descending
- F all strings unison
- 6 after K: all strings, semiquaver runs, unison and then Vln 1 and Vla semis
- L strings: semiquaver runs, unison and then Vln 1 and Vla semis
- 4 after S Pic, Fl, Cl, Vln1, 2 Vla semiquavers unison
Reference recording for R&J: https://open.spotify.com/track/5E4LMO0kIReHIeU02oMRop
Wednesday 1 November – 7:30pm Bruch with soloist; 8:30 symphony
Wednesday 8 November – 7:30pm R&J; 8:30 symphony
Wednesday 15 November – 7:30pm Bruch; 8.15 R&J; 9:00 symphony
Wednesday 22 November – LATE CHANGE
- 7:30pm Symphony;
- 8.20pm R&J;
- 8:45pm break;
- 9:10 Bruch
- note we are at the concert venue for this rehearsal- Marist Auditorium, Newman College, Entry 6 from Empire Avenue, Churchlands
Concert day 26 November: We are starting the concert at 2:30 pm. There will be a short sound check at 1:30, and no morning rehearsal.
Further TBA shortly – keep an eye on this page.